Municipal Planning Grant Applications Now Available
The Department of Housing and Community Development has released application materials for this year’s municipal planning grant program. Up to $20,000 will be awarded to eligible municipalities chosen through a competitive selection process. See the FY15 MPG Program Description for details on eligibility, funding and the competitive criteria. Grant applications are due September 30, 2014.
A wide range of municipal planning activities are eligible for funding but projects that fit into one of the following priorities will have a higher likelihood of receiving grants.
- Municipal Plan updates for the purpose of:
· Addressing inconsistencies with statewide planning goals or the Regional Plan
· Flood resilience planning
- Bylaw updates for the purpose of:
· Correcting clear conflicts with the Municipal Plan
· Implementing the flood resilience recommendations of the Municipal Plan
- Special Projects for Designated Areas (Downtowns, Village Centers, New Town Centers, Neighborhood Development Areas or Growth Centers)
Training for the online application system and preparing a good MPG application will be offered through GoToMeeting on Thursday, August 7th from Noon – 12:45. Contact DHCD staff for more information and to register. Space is limited.
Contact Annina Seiler, DHCD’s MPG administrator at 802-828-1948, or any staff member at the BCRC (442-0713) if you have questions or need assistance with your MPG application.